Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Kaisercraft 9 frame photo display- Mothers Day Project

Kaisercraft Nine Photo Frame Display as is when you purchase.


I painted mine in a beige colour all over and painted the inner edges with a pink paint, then went over the entire frame with some gold acrylic paint. I then attached a piece of pattern paper to the back of the frame and a attached it all together.  The patterned paper didn't quite fit but that didn't bother me as i new i would be filling up the sections.

The angel word was also a kaisercraft wooden item, which i painted in the same colour as the frame. I attached it to the frame at the very end when i was finished embellishing the frame, I also attached a gold chain from my stash so that i would be able to hang it.
Before I embellished i cut the Photos to size and arranged them in the frame sections.  Some of the embellishments I used where hand made like the crochet flower,the little quote signs, cherish sign and for you sign, and the other embellishments used where bought embellishment which i altered to fit my project.

 This heart was yet another kaisercraft wooden element, which I firstly painted pink and attempted in doing a crackle finish, the crackle did work but was very small which wasn't exactly what i wanted, i wanted more of the pink to show through, but i tried to make it work none the less. I added some bling in the frame section and also an altered felt letter "U" with brown embossing powder, so it would represent the words "love you", in the middle of the gold crackle heart i added a brown heart brad with the prongs cut off so that it would lay flat. I also added a ceramic yellow and pink butterfly to break up a bit of the gold. To the left of the frame section is a flower that i put together.  I started off with a crochet flower i had made, i added a pink flower underneath and a brown glittery flower on top and to finish it off i used a turquoise flat back pearl.


For the middle section i made a little sign which i stamped in brown in and then embossed with clear embossing powder, i then glued two pink gem stone brads on either side which i had removed the back prongs in order to lay flat.
The main focal quote "To the world you're just one person , but to one person you are the world" was initially placed onto some vellum but didn't stand out enough for me, so i backed it onto some thick turquoise pattern paper and decorated it with some gems and pearls.  However since i made it, it had started to curl a touch which i wasn't to happy about so i was able to take it off and back it with chipboard, coloured it with the appropriate turquoise colour and then to give it even more strength i covered the top with glossy accents and so far its doing good.  :)
The last item for this section was the wing and crown heart charm, these are two separate items which i attached to make my own little angel heart charm, to fit my project perfectly, around the charm i also placed some tiny butterfly rub ons.


In this section i placed this beautiful felt butterfly which i happened to have in my stash and thought it went perfectly for this project. I jazzed it up by placing some pink gem stones down the middle of the butterfly and some different sized pearls to either side and an epoxy sticker saying "family times" which goes well with the picture below it.


For this section i had coloured up a doily with some pink ink and layered on a quote sticker. I spruced up the sticker with some corner rub ons and some butterfly rub on as well, grunged up the sticker and edged it with some turquoise. I also adhered two tiny  heart beads on the top and a faux metal sticker on the bottom of the doily.  To the right i glued a simple spray of flowers down which i sprayed with some homemade pink shimmer spray and place another flower set on the bottom.




Lastly in this section i adhered some metal word charms to this photo which i believe represents my mum.  :) 

♥♥♥

No comments: